Did you know there are other ways to put out a fire than just using water? Fire suppression systems are systems that use non-water substances to distinguish a fire. FM-200 suppression systems are a common system used for buildings that are sensitive to water sprinkler systems. These systems are clean agent fire suppressions that extinguish a fire through a chemical called “heptafluoropropane”. Essentially it puts out the FM-200 chemical that removes the heat or free radicals necessary for a fire to live. This is an alternative way to put out a fire from the typical water fire sprinkler.
Why Use FM-200 Systems?
There are many benefits of using these suppression systems. These benefits include:
- Does not harm water sensitive assets-your valuable assets are not at risk for water damage with the FM-200 suppression system.
- Fast reaction-FM-200 suppression is quick in reacting to fires by taking out the essential elements that a fire needs to live. The response can be within a matter of seconds, preventing the fire from getting out of hand.
- Very effective-The substance discharged can put out fires that water may not be able to. Places like restaurant kitchens that contain grease or flammables can benefit from using this suppression substance.
- Safe for humans and environment– If this system were to discharge the substances into a room containing occupants, the occupants would not be at a health risk. Also, for those businesses promoting environment friendly practices, this substance has a zero ozone depletion rate.
- Easy clean up– compared to water or foam this suppression system does not leave behind residue making it easy to return your building back to functioning conditions.
- Cost effective-With less water damage the FM-200 suppression system can save you money on replacing or repairing your buildings assets.
Beach Lake Sprinkler FM-200 Suppression Systems
At Beach Lake Sprinkler Fire Protection we offer design, installation and service of FM-200 suppression systems. We provide products and services for facilities in the Pennsylvania and Florida areas. We have a team of experienced technicians that can install your system so you can acquire all of the benefits of a FM-200 suppression system. Contact Beach Lake Sprinkler for your free, no obligation quote today!