FM-200 is a popular fire suppression system. The agent used is heptafluoropropane, a compound of carbon, fluorine and hydrogen. It suppresses a fire through heat absorption. This fire suppression agent works well for a wide variety of applications.
Benefits of FM-200 systems
It can be hard to decide when you should install an FM-200 system in your facility. There are many benefits to choosing FM-200 as the fire suppression system in your application. Some benefits include:
- Safe for occupied spaces – FM-200 fire suppression systems extinguish fires primarily through heat absorption. Since FM-200 does not extinguish a fire through displacing oxygen, it is safe to use in occupied areas. In addition, FM-200 is colorless and leaves no residue, so it allows for people to see clearly when exiting the building.
- Clean agent – This fire suppression system is a clean agent. FM-200 is a colorless, odorless fire suppressing agent. It leaves no residue and is electrically non-conducive.
- Environmentally friendly – FM-200 systems are accepted as a replacement for Halon 1301 and it has zero ozone depleting potential. These systems are a great option when choosing environmentally friendly fire protection.
- Fast-acting – FM-200 fire suppression systems discharge in 10 seconds or less. This system is extremely fast acting. This means after a fire there will be less fire damage, lower repair costs, less downtime and disruption to your business.
- Protects sensitive equipment and assets – FM-200 is a waterless, clean agent form of fire suppression. It does not cause damage to sensitive electrical equipment or valuable assets that could be ruined by water.
Common applications for FM-200 systems
FM-200 systems are frequently installed in facilities where traditional water-based fire sprinkler systems could cause damage to sensitive equipment and assets. Some common applications include:
- Data centers
- Telecommunication facilities
- Power plants
- Oil and gas facilities
- Computer rooms
- Art galleries
- Control rooms
How do I know if FM-200 is right for my application?
There are many reasons to consider installing an FM-200 system in your facility. If you are looking for a waterless fire suppression system that minimizes damage to valuable property, lessens downtime and is environmentally friendly, then FM-200 may be the right choice. When choosing which fire protection system is right for your application, it is important to consult with an experienced fire protection contractor. Beach Lake Sprinkler is a fire protection provider that serves customers in Pennsylvania and Florida. We can design and install FM-200 fire suppression systems for a wide variety of applications. If you are interested in learning more, contact us today.